Question
Posted by: Over powering | 2007/03/01

He says i wear the pants

I dont know wat to do anymore i need help my boy friend and i have been dating for 1 year 7 months now and we fight every single day about the smallest things ever and now he tells me im to controlling after he has told me that i cant even speak to my guy friends anymore please help i rally dont know what to do anymore because i love him with all my heart

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

trying to control and tell a partner what to do or who they can speak to only ever ends in resentment and a relationship breakdown.

You need to talk to each other about what you need from the relationship and if one cannot or refuses to accommodate the other then you will have to seriously consider ending the relationship. If you make do and feel unhappy this will never become a successful relationship. A relationship is a partnership that should be on an equal level for both people - if not there is something wrong.

2
Posted by: guy | 2007/03/04

I've learned from experience that you should never stay with someone who you constantly fight with, because there is obiously something that you two do not like about eachother that is causing some problems. secondly, bossy partners are the worst. They are a waste of time. Allow your boyfriend to see his friends as often as he sees you, and also be sure to join him whenever he offers to have you come with him to see his friends

Reply to guy
Posted by: Been there, done that | 2007/03/01

There are 2 choices. First, you guys split up or 'take a break' for a while. After a couple of days you will both realise how much you value eachother. If you guys choose to get back together, have a mutual agreement on what can and cannot be done in the relationship. The other choice is to just talk it all out. I know it sounds dumb but if you guys can just talk and be honest on how you feel, things should get alot better. Dont let him control your every movement, but at the same time, dont control his every movement

Reply to Been there, done that