Question
Posted by: Lu | 2006/03/31

He is leaving and I had no Idea - want to die

My bf/fiance of 10 months decided that he can not take anymore. We had a very passionate relationship and been living together for 7 months. He asked me to marry him and we were trying for a baby/. I have 2 kids from previous marriage and my ex still manager the cause lots of trouble - he was out of work an home for while and i said he can stay in our garage for small while.
fiance was everything i ever wanted. yes, we had ups and down, and be he said he will caryy us when i am not strong enough.
Monday he told me he just cant go on anymore. Cant cope with kids, ex and very stressfull and abusive boss at work. he wants to end us.
I love this man with every beat of my heart. I am willing to do anything for him. He says he still loves me but just dont have thw will and strength to carry on.
I want to die, I cant be without him. He completed me.
I know he still has feelings for me, but i know, once he has come back and take all his stuff, it's over for ever. He never goes back, proven by his past trackrecord.
I am really considering cuicide cause I want to die. cant cope. went to doc for injections and pills, but not helping.
I want to die.
How do I convince him to give me one last chance?
How do I keep him?
I am standing with all my pills in my hand.dont wanna live anymore.

Don't do it. Call Lifeline to talk about this, and go to an emergencyroom or to see your own doctor, very promptly indeed. Sounds like your bf has been under a great deal o sress at work, etc, and this lowered his ability to tolerate and manage any stresses that were arising between the two of you. NEVER ever give anyone else the power of life or death over you, as you seem to have done here --- love, by all means, but love is about life. You could live, indeed very well, without him ; but from the sound of it, it isn't yet clear what will happen --- and taking an overdose right now may utterly prevent things from working out right. You can cope ---- but talk with lifeline, I cant imagine what injections your doctor could have given you which would have been of the least use. he may give you another chance, if not today, then maybe next week --- it may take time, and you must give it ( and yourself ) time. And be clear --- you DO wanna live. Maybe you dont wanna live LIKE THIS, but the "like this" can change. Maybe he will take you back, after thinking this through ( and when he has mastered whatever's giving him all the extra atress at work. Maybe you'd meet someone even better than him --- if either of those sorts of things happened, you WOULD want to be alive. And you need to stay alive to work towards such goals. But with the help of a counsellor, not of injections