Question
Posted by: Heather | 2007/03/14

HCG results query

I received positive results for HCG. they told me i was 4 - 5 weeks. but, does it include the two weeks before you fall pregnant (from the start of your last period)? or is it how old the actual foetus is? i am very confused, pls help.

Te HCG is not a very accurate way of determining how far pregnant yu are. A scan is more accurate.

3
Posted by: bel | 2007/03/14

Hi Heather

The HCG level test calculates the age of the embryo, your doctor calculates from the first day of your last period.

Reply to bel
Posted by: Natasja | 2007/03/14

They calculate it from the first day of your last menstruation.

Reply to Natasja

If they said you are 4-5 weeks pregnant then that includes the two weeks prior to ovulation, this means that the actual embryo is app. 2 - 3 weeks old.