Question
Posted by: Sheri | 2007/03/07

HCG LEVELS

Hi Gyna Doc

Please could you help me, I had a hcg blood test this morning and the results are 2317 at 4weeks. Is this normal? I have had 3 miscarriages before so I am really scared of another 1.

Yes it is fine. You may be a bit further along though.

4
Posted by: Me | 2007/03/07

Hi Sheri
I am calculating that you are 5½weeks pregnant! That's just wonderful! Keep us up to date! You should register at babycentredotcodotuk then every week they will send you an email to tell you how big your baby is and what has developed to far. To give you an idea, by 6 weeks:
By the end of the week (6th), your baby is about the size of a small bean. If you could see inside yourself, you'd find a large head and dark spots where the eyes and nostrils are beginning to form. The emerging ears are marked and the arms and legs look like protruding buds. The hands and feet are shaped like paddles, and fingers are beginning to form even now. The heart has divided into the right and left chambers and is beating about 150 times a minute -- roughly twice the rate of an adult heart.
Enjoy every minute!

Reply to Me
Posted by: Sheri | 2007/03/07

Sorry Me

Thank you so much for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Reply to Sheri
Posted by: Sheri | 2007/03/07

Dont scare me like that..one would be lovelly BUT TWINS!!! My last period started on the 28 January 2007. so I am roughly 4 to 5 weeks

Reply to Sheri
Posted by: Me | 2007/03/07

hCG is typically measured in milli-international units per millimeter (mIU/ml). 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy. Over 25mIU/ml is typically considered positive for pregnancy. A lone hCG measurement is not sufficient to diagnose most issues. When there is concern regarding the health of the pregnancy, several hCG testings done over a period of a few days will give the most accurate picture. Dating a pregnancy using hCG levels is not advised, since these numbers can vary so widely.

A quantitative hCG (also called a beta hCG) test will measure the amounts of hCG in the blood.

3 weeks gestational age: 5 - 50 mIU/ml

4 weeks gestational age: 5 - 426 mIU/ml

5 weeks gestational age: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml

6 weeks gestational age: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml

7 - 8 weeks gestational age: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml

9 - 12 weeks gestational age: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml

13 - 16 weeks gestational age: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml

17 - 24 weeks gestational age: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml

25 - 40 weeks gestational age: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml

I found this on the web, i know that not everyones levels are 100% the same. Are you sure you are only 4 weeks pregnant and not 6? When was the first day of your last period? Maybe you are expecting twins!!!

Reply to Me