Question
Posted by: Jessica on behalf on EDT | 2004/11/22

hCG counts and clomid

Hi all

I am writing the posting on behalf of EDT who can't get onto this site anymore...

A few months ago she was pregnant, (if I remember corrently 8 weeks) before having a miscarrage, her hCG hormones didn't multiply as they should have. (They were to low)

Now she is back on clomid and got a blood test done again last week monday, her count was 3. The sister advised her to have another test done on Thursday or Friday, she had one done, but the count was on 6, it should have been on six on Wednesday (which it would have been if it double as supposed to)

The sister again said she must test today, on Saturday her period started,

She would like to know, what the possible cause can be for her not being able to sustain a pregnancy, being able to fall pregnant but the hCG levels not rising quickly enough.

I hope I'm making sence here...

Jessica

An HCG level of 3 is really negative. She was probably never pregnant.

1
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/22

Jessica,

It could be that her hormone levels (the once which sustain the pregnancy, like progesterone) were too low. It is also possible that her endometrium lining was too thin and hence could also not sustain the pregnancy. Her gynae should do more frequent hormone levels and sonar measuring of the uterus lining to find the exact cause. Maybe, a form of hormone booster will help sustain future pregnancies or help prepare the womb better. It might be time to look for a gynae/fertility specialist who will be more hands on...

Good luck.

Reply to Golly