Question
Posted by: topaz_sa | 2007/03/16

Hayfever or flu

I started with a sore throat (which was a little red), then sneezing, burning watery eyes, very runny nose, a little coughing and a mild headache. I feel quite fluy, and I have never suffered from hay fever before (so I have nothing to compare against). Could this be the flu or is it hay fever. And if it is hay fever, what can you recommend.

Dear topaz_za
I think it probably a viral infection. Try Sudafed and Mypaid for now.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/03/16

That is definitely flu and not hayfever. You do not get a red, sore throat with hayfever. Try OTC from your chemist - but you might need an antibiotic if you have a throat infection.

Reply to anxious