Question
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2004/11/03

hayfever and allergex

The last few months I have been suffering terribly with hayfever and allergies - runny nose, sneezing etc. My pharmacist gave me Allergex a week ago and it is fantastic. I would like to know for how long I can take it - I only have 1 tablet a day. Is it necessary to have long term or should it sort the problem out after a few days/weeks??

Expert ImagePharmacist

M,

Many people do use either Allergex or tablets containing the same ingredient over long periods of time, but do remember that it is supposed to be used as a symptomatic treatment - That is only if needed. If you feel that your allergies are better you can stop using it and only start again when needed.