Question
Posted by: Jay | 2004/10/17

Hawthorn

I am interested to find out if it's safe to take Hawthorn (as part of a multivitamin supplement) on a long term basis? I've been searching for a multivitamin that doesn't contain iron & the only good one I can find contains Hawthorn. As this herb is traditionally used as a heart tonic, am also concerned if it can be taken at the same time as the beta-blocker Inderal. Have been on 20mg Inderal for some years & am currently gradually taking myself off the drug. Many thanks

Expert ImageNatural health

Dear Jay

The product with the hawthorn should not interfere with the medication you are on.

We would recommend that you take Bio-Strath Elixir or Tablets on a long term basis. This food supplement is suitable for people who are on any form of medication and Bio-Strath can be used long term. It is like taking a muliti-vit, but nature made it. It does contain natural iron as you would find in food and the research done on Bio-Strath shows zero side effects.

Kind regards.

Estie

1
Posted by: Jay | 2004/10/18

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding iron in supplements, however, I'm 55 & post menopausal & understand that iron in a supplement is no longer required at this stage of life, hence my search for a good multivitamin that's iron-free

Reply to Jay