Question
Posted by: heartbreaker | 2005/06/29

having problems expressing what i feel

help im in my early twenties and i have a problem in that i cannot express what i feel be it anger or joy and i just cant allow myself to get close to anyone not family or friends as a result i have not been involved in a single relationship in my life if anyone tries getting close to me i tend to push them away or withdrawing from the relationship in a family of 5 brothers and sister i am the only one who suffers from them the rest are all happily involved in a relationship even the two youngest ones

Some call it Alexithymia, when someone has great dificulty in expressing in words, how they feel. Combined with a difficulty in allowing good people to get close to you, this is the sort of thing best dealt with in counselling with a psychologist

1
Posted by: heartbreaker | 2005/07/01

thats the problem the moment i am in front of someone i become tongue tied i cant even have a good conversation with someone its like i know what i want to say in my mindyet i cant express it in words not even on paper at work too i just sit quietly at my desk not mixing with my collegues

Reply to heartbreaker