Question
Posted by: jack | 2003/02/27

having problems communicating with girls i ask out

hi doc my name is jack. i've asked this girl out yesterday. getting her phone number and address was not a problem. but tomorrow i will see her and well what do i ask her? what should i tell her tomorrow when we meet. i don't want to stand there with her looking at me and we both are quiet not saying a thing to each other for minutes,for a long time. she is my first girlfriend.
what questions do i ask her?what questions do boys ask girls when they are dating?is there a special format which i can follow in terms of communicating to her. i don't want to loose her so what should i ask her? can you give me any advice? lately my confidence levels are low. communication while we are dating is the problem. i am a first year university student.

Jack, I suppose that by the time you get this, your first date will already be a fond memory. Unfortunately I can’t help you with matters of the heart. It is something you will have to handle by yourself and maybe I can leave you with some advice my grandmother gave me – being yourself will be more than enough for a woman that loves you. Good luck.

2
Posted by: vrystaatjapie | 2003/02/28

Hi there!!

I've been through whar u are going through now - just chill out - everything comes naturally. JUST REMEMBER: Treat her like a lady!! (and remember - there is many fish in the sea!!))

GOOD LUCK

Reply to vrystaatjapie
Posted by: ice | 2003/02/28

Hi Jack

I think this question would be best suited to CyberShrink.
Don't worry too much, she might be feeling the same way. Girls like confidence but not arrogence, there is a hugh difference, so being a little nervous is kind of cute.
Be yourself ask her anything like, 'so how was varsity/school/work? 'What are your plans for the weekend?' 'Would you like to go for some coffee-the ... they serve there is great! etc etc
Jack there is no special format..be yourself, be confident...and if she looses interest in you its her loss.
Good Luck and remember to just relax!

Reply to ice