Posted by: Mary | 2008/07/30

Having difficulty urinating

Hi doc,

Please could you assist with advice. I have just overcome a bladder and vaginal infection through a course of antibiotics, although the pain, burning and itching has gone, i now struggle to urinate. after getting the sensation to urinate i sit on the loo for a good 2 or 3 minutes before the urine starts coming out and when it does come out, it comes out in 3 or 4 intervals. i also have this constant pins and needles feeling in my lower tummy and legs and it also appears that i am constipated now too.

what do you think is going on? are all these syptoms related? do you think its after affects from the infection and pills? will it pass eventually or should i go see a doctor?

Hi Mary
I think you should rather see your doctor - this could be related to a nerve root problem.