Question
Posted by: POP | 2005/12/12

HAVING A NERVIOUS BREAKDOWN?

It all started about 3 weeks ago. Me and my partner decided to have a braai build and some paving done.... and as can be expected things had to go wrong. My partner look after the house hold, but with the builders around he had to spend a lot of time supervising them and the household chores got neglected. Then he started a business and it took off like you won't believe.... we have for the past 10 not been able to get to bed before 11 and I am tired I can hardly keep my eyes open. Last week my neighbor was hi-jacked in her drive-way.... which send me and my partner into a "security frenzy" as he is alone at home during the day and I leave early and get home after dark.

Saturday I woke up tired with a headache, irritable, crying and agresive. I lashed out to my loved one for little thing and ended up crying and screeming. I felt so angy I told him to pack his bags and leave.....

What is happening.......I just feel so out off control. I am so sleepy that I fall asleep behind the wheel of my car in the morning. I am now at work, but somehow feel totally detached... far away... not interested and find it difficult to speak and think.

Am I having a nervious breakdown or suffering from depression?

Sounds like two very normal people who are currently under a lot of stress. This is not a nervous breakdown, but sounds like uncomfortable reactions to stress. Counselling would help

2
Posted by: TSK TSK | 2005/12/12

Your partners bussiness is thriving, your poor neighbour was hijacked, you're in the process of recieving a beautiful new braai place... I know people like you.

PARENTS BURIED THIER CHILDREN THIS WEEKEND, INFANTS LOST FATHERS, MASKED MEN VILOLATED PRIVATE HOMES STRUCK TERROR INTO FAMILIES... and you woke up with a headache!
Priorities Doll, dont sweat the small stuff!!

Reply to TSK TSK
Posted by: P | 2005/12/12

Hi Pop

I am feeling the same way, not sure what it is, it could be a combination of both, could I recommend that you reqquest stress leave from work to sort yourselve out.

Reply to P