Posted by: Starr | 2008/07/17

Having a J.O.B is soo boring!

I am so tired of the corporate world. Im in IT and I hate it with passion, I only work to pay the bills. My dream is to work for myself –  have my own business, is that too much to ask? Coming to sit at this desk day in, day out all day long is soo boring… … damn.

The problem is I don’ t know where to start with my business, in fact Im not sure where my passion lies. Any advise?

Do you perhaps know anyone who did it (i.e. leave corporate rat race) and succeeded, and how did they do it?

I always wonder, when someone says : "Is that too much to ask ?" who they think they are asking, for it. IS it too much to ask of yourself ? Maybe not, if you have the relevant energy, knowledge and experience. Would someone else be expected to contribute to the process ? WOuld it be too muich for them ? Is it too much to ask of Fate ? I'm not sure that Fate answers such questions or takes requests.
Why not work towards this now rather foggy goal, keep[ing on this job while clarfiying where your passion DOES lie ( if you guess wrong, you'll be much worse off ). And once you have decided on direction, you may be able from within this job to do some important preliminary work towards preparing for your own enterprize.

Posted by: Kelly | 2008/07/17

LOL i think I.T is the problem here!
Well sounds like me too,just im not in IT,wish u guys well though
Also good advise there CS,like the point u make about the " Is that too much to ask ?"  question.Just makes one think.
Lenzy - isnt that racist of u!

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: lenzy | 2008/07/17

Guys i need a white guy to parner with me in my new business. it has started already and i want to do marketing.

Reply to lenzy
Posted by: Maria | 2008/07/17

Starr and I think... ditto. I' m also in IT and soooo fed up with it. I do know where my passion lies but it' s going to take years of studying to get there. I' m working on an interim plan. Two things I can recommend: Read a book called " What colour is your parachute"  by Richard Bolles, and go for an assessment with a psychologist who does career counselling.

Good luck!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: I think | 2008/07/17

Starr are u sure u r not me, u are talking about my life...Im in IT and i hate my job with passion, but i have the same problem as u, I don’  t know where to start in fact Im not sure where my passion lies...Gosh i feel like u r just me but in a different body..

Reply to I think