Question
Posted by: vik | 2005/07/11

having a baby after a hysterectomy

I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago. Now my husband and I are desperate to have a baby. Is it possible? If so who would we contact?

No, it is not possible unless you use a surrogate mother or adopt a baby.

5
Posted by: BELOVED | 2005/07/13

BAMBI MIGHT BE WRONG

YOU NEED TO ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF THE OVARIES WERE ALSO REMOVED. IF NOT THE CHANCES OF HAVING A BABY ARE THERE, BUT BY SURROGACY ALTERNATIVELY YOU MAY GO FOR ADOPTION.

I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS, WANTING TO HAVE A CHILD I HAD HYSTERECTOMY FOUR MONTHS AGO AFTER MY VESSELS FAILED TO CLOT BLOOD, FOLLOWING CEASERIAN SECTION.

MY GYNAE TOLD ME I CANNEVER HAVE OTHER CHILDREN UNLESS I GO FOR SURROGACY OR ADOPTION.

GOOD LUCK.

WOULD YOU PLS. CONTACT E-MAIL ME AS YOU ARE IN THE SAME SHIP AS ME. phokanelt at webmail dot co dot za

Reply to BELOVED
Posted by: karin | 2005/07/11

blossom, you are so clever, i just jumped to the wrong conclusion,i am sure, she could ask her church or famsa,. goodluck, i hope your dream comes true.

Reply to karin
Posted by: Blossom | 2005/07/11

Yes, they call it adoption. And if you search the web I am sure you will find the name of adoption agencies and even your church may be able to help

Reply to Blossom
Posted by: karin | 2005/07/11

didnt the doc explain that there is no chance of ever having a baby, before he did the procedure, or was it done in an emergancy, please contact the doc and ask him to explain it all too you and hubby. i wish you all the best, maybe you got the name wrong..... i hope xx

Reply to karin
Posted by: Bambi | 2005/07/11

Surely if you have a hystorectomy they removed your womb and possibly your ovaries as well?

Are you sure you have the correct name for the op you had?

Reply to Bambi