Question
Posted by: Jo-Ann S | 2004/11/05

Having a 2nd child after being on the pill for 12 years

I have been on the pill for about 12 years now and next year would like to try for a second child. As I have been on the pill for such a long period, what are my chances of falling pregnant next year or will it take a while for the pill to "work out of my system" and is there any medications whether it be vitamins etc that I should take in order to fall pregnant sooner??

Most women do not fall pregnant within the first three months of stopping the Pill. You should take folate tablets while you are trying to conceive.