Question
Posted by: R | 2005/06/06

Haven't felt the baby move

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and felt life for the 1st time on 4 June. Today is the 6th of June and I haven't felt life again. I think I might have felt something on 5 June - but it was not as continious, clear and distinct as on the 4th of June. Is there something wrong - my placenta lies between the baby and my tummy and he recently faced my back and not the front - in other words my tummy. I also have a heavy feeling in my stomach - Please advise.

At this stage you will not feel regular movements. This only starts after about 24 weeks.

4
Posted by: Mum | 2005/06/07

I don't want to worry you, but please don't take a chance. Rather go to your gynae if you are worried. A friend of mine lost her baby at 30 weeks as he had got tangled up in the umbilical cord. She also did not feel movement for 2 days. Just have it checked out to make sure if you have still not felt movement today,

Reply to Mum
Posted by: Foxy | 2005/06/07

I think its normal, even though I also start stressing if I dont feel the baby moving. Maybe you are too busy, I have realised, as soon as I am busy, I dont feel a thing, but when I start to relax, i will feel him/her move. If you are really really worried, go to the doctor

Reply to Foxy
Posted by: Moi | 2005/06/06

i dont think you have anything to worry about! baby is probably just taking a bit of a break! and maybe you also feel less cause your placenta is between the front of your tummy and your little one! the movements will get more frequent and stronger the further along you are in your pregnancy!

Reply to Moi
Posted by: SHA | 2005/06/06

HI R, I'M 31WEEKS PREGNANT NOW AND IT IS NORMAL TO NOT FEEL ANY MOVEMENTS ON DAYS, THEY TAKE ON REST PERIODS WHERE YOU WILL MABEY ONLY FEEL MOVEMENT IN THE EVENING. EVEN NOW AT THIS STAGE THERE IS DAYS LIKE YESTERDAY AND TODAY WHICH SHE IS SO STILL THAT I ALSO START WORRYING BUT IT IS NORMAL FOR THEM, HOW DOES MY MOM ALWAYS SAY, THEY ALSO GET TIRED AND NEED REST. BUT THE HEAVY FEELING IS ALSO NORMAL YOU ALMOST FEEL BLOWN UP. MY BABY IS ALSO FACING TO MY FACT WHICH IS ALSO NORMAL. ALWAYS REMEBER IF THERE IS NO BLOOD EVERYTHING IS FINE AND IF YOU FEEL ONLY ONE FEELING EVERYTHING IS FINE. I HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE

Reply to SHA