Question
Posted by: Betty | 2004/10/26

Have u ever done something you regret???

Has anyone everdone something that they truly & honest regret??
Well I have this weekend. I was going out with this one guy when I started meeting his friends one in particular really stood out.

Nothing ever happend between us and I left it cause I'm not the type to cheat. At the end of the day things did not work out between me and my boyfriend and we broke it off.

I always go to this club and my X and his friend also goes there (keep in mind that me and my X are still friends after our breakup). This Saturday things went too far and I ended up at my X's friends' house and yes we slept toghether, what a big mistake. We don't have each others numbers so we haven't contacted each other since Saturday.

I really do like this guy and I don't want him to think that I'm cheap b'coz I'm not what happend was a big mistake.

Please help me I don't know what to do

Betty, I understand. Frankly, it's thepeople who DON'T think they ever did anything they regret, who frighten me. Of course we all do regrettable things at time ; the aim is to try no to repeat regrettavle acts and decisions. I'm not sure, from your message, where you want things to go with regard to this guy. You like him and don't want him to think less of you --- well, from the sound of it your only option may be to try to meet him at the club next week, ask if you can talk with him, find a quiet corner, and tall him how you feel and what's worrying you --- and find out what he thinks about it. As Dude and Tami suggest, is there a way you can get his number, and call him to talk about this ?

6
Posted by: Mokie | 2004/10/27

Don't be so hard on yourself. Mistakes do happen but the important tthing is to learn from them. To answer your question YES! YES! And i hope I never do anything that stupid again. I met this guy in a club and slept with him. I have been single and not having sex for about 12 months. What I hate about that day is that I didn't use protection. I always told myself that I would never have sex without protection. Maybe I was too desperate? it had been long. too long. The only positive out of it is that we are now involved and we plan to use protection next time. I will use protection. What scares me and keeps me awake at night is the possibility of having contracted the dreadful desease. I can't live with myself.

Reply to Mokie
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/10/27

well yea, i guess we all have done things in this life that we regret, and and, but regret is a good thing, pity it comes to late always, but then write it off as experience, and by that you teach yourself not to do things like that again.

but as i say, better to die and regret the things you did, then die and regret the things you never did.

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: cathy | 2004/10/27

Hi Betty,

I know how you feel? I had a one night stand with a stranger two weekends ago, and it was the biggest mistake of my life. We talk and trying to get to know each other and he's a gentlemen but I always wonder what he really thinks. How can he trust me not to do that to him - even though I'd been single for 6 months...

All I can advise is try to get his numbers (while its still fresh) but also prepare yourself for the worst. If he's also interested take it slowly (if you've just recently brokenup with your ex).Remember the're will be the initial discomfort of your x being his friend - when you all go out.
If he doesnt make follow-ups afterwards, just hold your head high and except reality. The most important thing is learning from this experience. I hope it works out, good luck

Oldman - your advise sounds interesting but cant read without full stops - pity...

Reply to cathy
Posted by: old man | 2004/10/27

Betty,
AS CS said we live and learn you will bump into to him again and if he is a idiot no matter what you do he will tell all if he is not then your act is safe, we all make judgement calls in life to regret later that is why hindsight is such a great thing very one knows what you should have done after the fact if we new before hand well we would have as CS said not need the forum and his services this is life what you did id not bad it was a need that had to be scratched you did not take a life or destroy some one else’s life because of the acts the two of you committed remember it was a act that took two people he could have said no but typical male only one head can function at a time due to blood loss so forget it move on with your normal life run into him again and if he bad mouths you do the favour return it saying to al he was useless in bed nothing kills a mans ego as quick. there are worse things in life to feel bad about so old tails of only bad girls do this is crap this is the 21st centaury yes according to the good bock you did bad so you know what to do there if it is an issue live your life you only live once and each day gone by will never come back do not in years to come say I wonder if i had done that your parents gave you good vaklues use them to judge your actions

Reply to old man
Posted by: Dude | 2004/10/26

yea... ask ur x 4 his number ;)

Reply to Dude
Posted by: Tami | 2004/10/26

If I were you I would get his number somehow and call him. He probably also thinks the same thing you are thinking. Just tell him that you dont know what came over you for doing it. Explain that you arnt cheap.

Reply to Tami