Question
Posted by: Crash | 2004/09/29

have type of scab on elboys that is getting worse

Hi there.
About a year ago i started doing unarmed combat, which involved crawling on my knees and elbows during our excercise routine.
We trained on various floors which was mainly on tiles and carpets.I was wearing a my karatee attire which covered my elbows.
During my training, my skin had abrations and sometime bled from rubbing against the material.
As time went by it heald and bled again, but now there is some sort of fungie in the form of scabs spreading over both my elbows.In the beggining it was small but now it is getting bigger rather rapidly and starting to become sensitive.
Please help as i do not know what it is and is making me self conscious.

If you can help it will be a great help.

Crash, it is difficult to say what it is without examining you first, but it sounds like it might be eczema (rough, red, angry skin), psoriasis (big silver scales), a fungal infection (fine silver scales) or a combination of the above. You will probably need at least a cortisone cream and therefore the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.