Question
Posted by: Busi | 2007/11/29

Have tried but cant trust I need help!

I need your help good people. I've been living with my partner for the past three years. My problemis that although I try i just cant trust a word that comes out of his mouth. I think this is a sickness, I get a hunch that something is not right and 90% of the time I'm right and I'm beginning to hate myself for that because its ruining my relationship. Can someone advise on what to do.

From the way you say that, it sounds as though the uspiciousness and mistrust originates within you, rather than being related to his actions or words. WHy not ask him to join you in marriage counselling so you can work together on solving this problem ?

2
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/11/30

Hi there,

In my opinion, you have trust-issues because maybe of someone that really hurt and betrayed you in the past.
Maybe sit and think of what happened in your past to make you this way. A lot of people struggle to trust their loved-ones, and therefore lose their partners because of their own issues.
On the other hand you must learn to draw the line and get a feel for the difference between an instinct and distrust.
How bad is the stuff he lies to you about 90% of the time...? Is it things that can influence your relationship? Things that can come between you? If so, then yes, your instincts are telling you that
you need to let go.....if you cant trust him and he does not meet you halfway.....then you are better off without him.

So take you feelings seriously for a change and listen to your heart!
Good luck!

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Nozi | 2007/11/29

my view is that you know him far too well, and if you say 90% of the time you are right then it means he has not done much to help you give nim benefit of the doubt

Reply to Nozi