Question
Posted by: Lola lu | 2007/07/20

Have to lose weight

i am now BMI 35- classified as obese! now im scared and ready to work at losing the weight. i am determined. but how?
how do i lose like 30gs?
I Am 21, female and trying to go to gym. ive started walking then i will go a bit more each time and then jog and do cardio. at the mo its too painful. and my legs scrape together. god, how i let myself get like this i will never know. i use to be so thin. my lowest was 52kgs (after i dieted-ate healthily and rollerbladed everyday for 15 mins, i lost 16kgs! ) that was in 2001 - guess and kept it off till end of 2005. in th elast 2 years (many personal problems) i have gained so much weight- now i weigh 96!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please can you help me!! I need to know what to do. Must i go see a dietician? Buy a book? I am so tired, dry mouth all the time very thirsty and lazy as hell. i work behind a pc all day long! so i dont get around. but i will go on every break to gym- how do i combat my cravings? i will do anything now. just dont know what is best, or safe for me.
thank you*

Dear Lola Lu
If you have a BMI of 35 then it may be a good idea to discuss the use of Xenical with your gp. Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition, seeing that the overweight is a direct threat to your health. You should also see a dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), who will help you with a very-low-fat diet. The exercise is wonderful, stick to it strictly and gradually increase how much you do. Rome was not built in a day! Just work at it and you will start losing those kgs.