Question
Posted by: JRM137 | 2004/11/24

Have to get rid of weight

Problem 1:

I have tride every thing but still nothing.
I weigh 83 KG need to be under 77 KG.
I do Karate and this is my weight catogory that I am in under 80 KG. All my body fat is around my stomick. I have to be ready before the 6th of January 2005. Can some one help me with this please.

Problem 2:

My girlfriend has trouble loosing weight. Her weight is 73 KG she has a lot of body fat around the stomick and legs. She has to weigh 58 KG according to the Gym. She tried training no resolts. I told her I will help her as far as I can, but now I need help with this. I got her some weight los products and still nothing. Please can you help me to help her please.

Thank you.

Dear JRM137
To lose weight need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). In your case you need to do special exercises that target the abdomen in addition to aerobic exercises so that this area gets exercised. The diet should result in a loss of 0,5 to 1 kg per week, so you should be able to lose those 6 kg in the 6 weeks between today and the 6th January. If your girlfriend does not lose weight on this diet combined with aerobic exercise then I would recommend that she has a medical checkup to see if she does not suffer from a hormone imbalance (female hormones, insulin or thyroid). If she as insulin resistance then she needs to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take her insulin resistance and other conditions such as overweight into account when working out a diet for her, which will be based in foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes'.

1
Posted by: cindefella | 2004/11/25

my wife of 58 yrs weighs 75kg & needs to reduce to 62kg
can you advise

Reply to cindefella