Question
Posted by: Bern | 2004/09/27

Have not worked out in a long time!

Moring docs,
I have not worked out in about two years now, want to get back into it seriouslly as I have picked up some serious weight.
Please give me tips as to how slow I should take it.
What I should do exactly and what products I can use to help burn fat!

Highly appreciated
Bern

HI Bern

My advice would I be to check out the following site:

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Getting_started/16-474-488,24069.asp

Here you will see a number of options for training programmes. The important thing about these is that they start off at a relatively low level, but that they are flexible enough to allow you to make rapid changes if you feel like you are going well and improving rapidly. My advice would be to choose the Shape up for Summer programme (the first or second one) and then go for that.

As for products to help burn fat, the only thing I will recommend is a lot of hard work and exercise, no supplements required. You are only just starting out, I don't believe that supplements work and particularly if you are only just setting out on the training, give it a chance. It's really important that you are patient and consistent - results that are worthwhile don't happen in months, they happen in years, and that should be your aim.