Posted by: Michelle | 2004/10/19

Have medical aid but they referred my husband to Provincial Hospital for an operation an Urologist recommended????

An Urologist recommended that my husband have a small operation in hospital. When I phoned to get pre-authorization I was informed that this type of procedure is only covered if done in a Provincial Hospital. I can't believe it - why must we that pay hundreds of rands each month go to a Provincial Hospital and sit there for hours if not days with the other people who don't have a medical aid? The worst of all is I changed from a good medical aid only 3 months ago to this one and the Broker never told me this? One should be very carefull when choosing a medical aid. I lurned the hard way. Can anyone recommend a good medical aid to me!!!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive


Good Medical Schemes depends on your needs. However, go back to your Broker and discuss your needs with him and rather understand the benefitstructure of your current sheme. Than you can decide to maybe change for 2005


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.