Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2004/10/19

Have medical aid but they referred my husband to Provincial Hospital for an operation an Urologist recommended????

An Urologist recommended that my husband have a small operation in hospital. When I phoned to get pre-authorization I was informed that this type of procedure is only covered if done in a Provincial Hospital. I can't believe it - why must we that pay hundreds of rands each month go to a Provincial Hospital and sit there for hours if not days with the other people who don't have a medical aid? The worst of all is I changed from a good medical aid only 3 months ago to this one and the Broker never told me this? One should be very carefull when choosing a medical aid. I lurned the hard way. Can anyone recommend a good medical aid to me!!!

Expert ImageArchive

Michelle

Good Medical Schemes depends on your needs. However, go back to your Broker and discuss your needs with him and rather understand the benefitstructure of your current sheme. Than you can decide to maybe change for 2005

Regrds