Posted by: anne | 2008/07/23

Have I made the right decision?

Im feeling so confused at the moment. I was wondering if you would beable to advise me?
I moved to another province and started a new job. I Studied the profession and always had a dream of working in that industry. After giving up on the idea and getting on with life in an alternative career direction I was given the opportunity and got a job via a friend. I had my reservations as I had settled, had a job and was living with my boyfriend of 4 years. I almost hoped I would not be successful in getting the job because I didnt want to make the decision to move. I got the job and finaly my dream had come true, I had to take it. I packed my bags and within a month I was in the new province. My family was supportive and boyfriend said he would move when he found a job, but we both knew how difficult it would be as he had just found a great job with good salary and was very successful in it.

Ive been in the job for 3 months, I love it, and feel as though I now have a purpose in that part of my life. However Im lonely, I miss my family, friends and boyfriend. I go home to an empty flat, and spend my days off alone. Ive tried to meditate and be strong but Im depserate to be near my family and also have my own family. Im 29 and we are planning on getting engaged and having a family, something I really want.

Two days ago I decided that the best thing would be to move back. Of course Im still very confused and anxious.
Please advise me on making this decision.

Your reactions, as described, are entirely normal, even if uncomfortable. Isn't it possible to wait rather than make a precipitate decision to abandon an excellent job you've always wanted ? Its only 3 months, which is a short time within which your bf could hope to find a similar job ; and even of one has not close family and other ties, 3 months is still the period in which one would feel homesick in the best of circumstances. Maybe your concerns are exaggerated by your having nobody close by to talk this over with.

Posted by: anne | 2008/07/23

Thank you for the quick reply.
Yes I agree with your advise. I have spoken to my mom and to my boyfriend and they are very supportive. I just dont know if I thought this out properly? I made the decision too quickly I think, Im only thinking it through now after all the rush!
Even though I want the job, Im almost torn because I want my family, my community, friends etc. I want to have a house and have my childrens grand parents up the road.
I really Feel torn....

Reply to anne