Question
Posted by: busybee | 2006/03/31

Have a wonderful gynae???

Hi there,

I've recently been dissappointed by the lack of interest my gynae shows - feel like I get the brush off everytime I ask a question or want some reassurance about something (I'm 6 months preg) - does anyone know of any warm hearted friendly gynaes in cape town? Pref the northern subs - but anywhere will do - PLEASE SHARE :o)

Thanks :o)

*

6
Posted by: Rushda A | 2015/07/14

I had 2 gynea's at Kingsbury, and they where dreadful. The first one was cold and referred me to the second one, who was even worse. He called me one evening after i went for some blood test, to let me know I am busy miscarrying my first baby and he would call back the next day. He called me back a week later. After that i decided to look for another gynea, and I found a gem, Dr Louis Grundlingh at Panorma Medi Clinic. He was/is very caring, takes his time and actually listen when i have concerns. I felt like he was on call 24/7 when i needed him, always greeting me with the biggest smile even at 1 am in the morning for one of many trips to the labour ward and reassuring me that everything would be okay. He even came in on his off weekend, that also happened to be his anniversary to deliver my second baby. He is tops in my book.

Reply to Rushda A
Posted by: Amy | 2006/04/03

Must agree with Shell. Dr. Venter is one of the best. I am with him now for my second pregnancy. His receptionist is an angel and even if you just want some re-assurance she is always there to listen and give some advise.

You will not be sorry!

Reply to Amy
Posted by: dudu | 2006/04/03

Dr Basson at chris barnard chambers in cape town , it's my first pregnancy she make everything so easy and she is 24 hours available if you need her and she gives you all the information ,support you need.You can find her at Chris Barnard Hospital .Good Luck.

Reply to dudu
Posted by: busybee | 2006/04/03

Thanks so much!!! Thats wonderful :o) Will give one of them a try for sure :o)

Reply to busybee
Posted by: Shell | 2006/04/02

One of my all time favourite gynaes is at Cape Town Medi Clinic, Dr Breeds. When I discovered I was pregnant I didnt want to drive there so often so I changed to Dr Venter (on recommendation) who is at Panarama Medi Clinic.

I am currently in my second tri and he has been absolutely wonderful. Even if he is running late he takes his time and explains everything in detail, even giving me additional literature to take home and read. He is thorough and is sure to ask if I have any questions then answers each one with pleasure and I leave feeling happy and with total clarity. He always has time to exchange a lighthearted word - he is truely wonderful!

His receptionist is a fully qualified nurse and a friendlier more helpful lady you will not find. She has gone beyond the call of duty with me when I told her about my needle fear to the point of calling the pathologists ahead of my visit and arranging the best nurse to be on standby for me and also left instruction on what needle and technique should be used. It made an absolute world of difference.

Reply to Shell
Posted by: Jenna-Belle | 2006/04/02

Dr Louis Grundlingh at Panorama has an excellent bedside manner. I also like Dr Ockie Lampen who is based at Louis Leipoldt but one always has to wait a long time to see him, as he is very popular.

Reply to Jenna-Belle