Question
Posted by: Skinny | 2004/02/02

Have a problem gaining weight as a teenage girl.

Help!

I have always been quite slim or skinny and have never had a problem with this until now. I am sixteen years old and would like to have a detailed diet to help me gain wieght. I am 1m72 and wiegh 45kg. I am quite big busted for my physique and would love to have more definite wieght around the rest of my body. I dont want to use any supplements of any sort, any advice would be appreciated.

Dear Reader
It is just as difficult for thin people to gain weight as it is for overweight individuals to lose it. Do a Search on this Website with 'To gain weight' to access the articles I have written about this problematic subject. You will find that you may need to eat more snacks and even include products such as Ensure or Nutren (ask at the chemist) to boost your food intake. If you are very highly strung or active, then it may help to do relaxing exercise like yoga and deep breathing. Hopefully you will still gain some weight when you reach the end of your puberty.