Question
Posted by: Victoria | 2007/03/30

Have a Five month old & pregnant again

Hi Pls help, my baby is still very young & i have mistakenly fallen pregnant am almost 3months preggies. my problem is that im not yet ready for a 2nd baby so soon & ive just come back to work from maternity leave how do i tell my boss im pregnant again? Also what will my collegues & friends think of me being preg last yr & now this yr again... Is it safe to carry a baby to full term soon after giving caesarean birth 30 Oct 06. If i look for another job now do i have to disclose my pregnancy to new company?Should i decide to terminate this pregnancy how much time do i have before its too risky to terminate? will this be a selfish decision for me to make? my husband says he will support whatever decision i make. PLS PLS HELP this is such a differcult decision for us.

I can't answer the quewstions about your boss,etc. However, there is no danger in falling pregnant so soon after a caesarean. I think it is wise to disclose the pregnancy to a new company. It will only look bad if they think you were hiding things from them. You have till 12 weeks to decide about termination.

6
Posted by: kumi | 2007/03/30

Hi Victoria,

I know how you feel, I have a 9 month boy and I'm 10w pregnant. My first thought was how am I going to cope financially and physically. Then I thought about what my boss would say I just came back from maternity leave in Sept and what would other people say. Like you I have the support of my husband. I was depressed for quite a while, but now I think about how fortunate I am to be given the opportunity to carry 2 souls. I think about all the women who are really trying to have babies and can't and I wonder to myself how dare I throw away my gift which came so easily. God in his wisdom knows our future, our needs and he never gives you more than you can handle. If he has confidence in you to entrust you with 2 of his children dont throw that away instead hold your head up high and be proud to be doing what God intended for you to do on this earth. At the end of it all when we face our last few years, we won't be thinking about the wonderful career that we had, or the wonderful mansion that we have or any other material thing, we will say the best thing I have done in my life was to carry a baby inside me from a cell to full human being caring for them and bringing them up in this world, that's what its all about. Stay strong.

Reply to kumi
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/03/30

Hi Victoria,

Congratulations on being pregnant again! Why not? And who cares what your boss will say? You are human and have the right to be pregnant! DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT, okay, PLEASE DON'T terminate the pregnancy because you're scared!! Look at that wonderful child that you have now - the second beautiful child is on its way! Be happy and don't worry about what other people will say!

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Amber | 2007/03/30

hi victoria
Please do not terminate your pregnancy PLEASE DO NOT. you are 3 months pregnant now. Pregnancy is a gift from God.
You are too far gone to terminate now. dont worry what your friends and collegues say. Have your baby with joy Victoria.
GOOD LUCK

PS. i am struggling to fall pregnant for 5 years , please do not terminate

Reply to Amber
Posted by: Nik | 2007/03/30

Hi, Victoria

Though it is understandable to stress about something like this, you are fortunate enough to have a husband who will support your decision and that already counts a lot. These things happen.Your priority lies with him and your family - don't worry about what others are going to think and say, it's your life - not theirs! As for work, you can't get fired for falling pregnant again - companies are well aware of the "risks" when hiring (us) women. I wish you lots of luck.

Reply to Nik
Posted by: Fee | 2007/03/30

Hey Victoria,

I know it must be a difficult time for you but remember that God does things for certain reasons. Dont feel guilty that you fell pregnant again so soon and even though you feel that you wont be able to handle another one believe me at the end of the day it will be much more beneficial to you to have the little ones so close to each other. it will be tough to adjust but things will work out someway or the other. as for looking for another job, bad idea, these days you have to disclose your pregnancy status to companies. as for abortion, its up to you, but just think about this, God has blessed you with two beautiful souls and there are millions of people out there who cant have kids, you are blessed and believe me when i say you way will open up once you have the next one, God works in mysterious ways and blesses so just hang in there and make the right decision. many people that i know who had there kids close to each other says that it is the best thing that can happen because then the two will grow up together, you get the job done quicker and when the bigger you dont have to worry about changing a little babys diaper anymore because you handled it in a short space of time.

anyway good luck with whatever you decide and god bless

Reply to Fee
Posted by: Dove | 2007/03/30

Why were you not more carefull it is too late now to cry you should have through about the consequents. Remember abortion is not the answer now you were careless carry the consequents now grow up and accept it.

Reply to Dove