Question
Posted by: **** | 2004/12/06

Hate being pregnant

I don't know if these symptoms are normal. It feels like I am the only one feeling this way. I am 6 weeks pregnant. I wake up every morning feeling sick. I feel so nauseas. I have a terrible migraine and feel so hot and bothered even when it is a bit chilly like today). I don't feel like doing anything. And mainly when you are pregant, you crave certain foods, well I actually feel so nauseas that I have gone off food altogther. I am at the point where I don't eat anything because I feel sick. I have back pain like you cannot beleive and sharp pains in my abdoman. I am tired of feeling this way everyday. I can't even go to the shopping centre without getting back pain and feeling sick. I cannot go out with friends or stay up late anymore. I know that being pregnant is a beautiful thing but I am hating it. Is it normal to feel this way ( mean feeling so sick after only 6 weeks)? Is there any medication I can take?

If you read this webiste, you will see that these symptoms are very common. It gets better after 12 weeks. Try eating small frequent meals and having try toast first thing in the morning. Consult your doctor before taking any medication.

18
Posted by: !!!! | 2004/12/09

Now who's been mean and nasty?
If you don't care about my opinion Kate, then why do you keep coming back to see if I've responded???
ha ha ha haaaaaa

Reply to !!!!
Posted by: Kate | 2004/12/09

Agh '!!!' you are obvisously a bit of a *itch so I won't be concerned about your opinion anyway.

There is only one person here that looks like a cow and I don't think it is me.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: !!!! | 2004/12/09

bhah bhah blah as usual. It's my perogative so use another name

Reply to !!!!
Posted by: Kate | 2004/12/08

Oh '!!!' why are you hiding behind a different name? If you have always read my messages, you must be a regular visitor to this site - so be brave enough to use you nornal name so aIl know how you really feel.

If you read my message again, you will see that it was written with kindness and compassion towards her situation, not with any unkindness or nastiness. I was also being light-hearted when I said 'wait until your pelvis feels like ti will spilt in half', because that is how I feel at the moment. I would love to complain about it as it hurts like hell, but with what I have gone through, I dare not say anything ungrateful as I know what it is like to regret!!

I was just pointing out what a gift it is to be pregnant and it is not all that bad!! I 'hate' murderers, child rapists and rapists - I certainly think 'hate' is a strong term to use for something as wondeful as pregnancy.

I also mention my babies a lot because firstly: they were MY babies and I will not ignore the fact that they were in my life. Secondly: to not acknowledge them would be terrible for me, and thirdly: there are a lot of new women on this site who post about their babies and I offer kindess and advice to them. If I didn't mention that I too have lost babies then they would think that maybe my advice was unfounded or that I didn't quite understand like I say I do.

Anyway, I don't have to justify myself to you or anyone else as goes for this lady who is 'hating' her pregnancy. This is an open forum and everyone is entitled to post here - even you. So I won't be taking offence to your outburst. I never alluded to the fact that she may lose her baby and that would be the very last thing on Earth that I would wish for. You would understand this if you had been through what I have been through this year. But clearly you haven't and you don't understand - so be it!!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Nix | 2004/12/07

No need to be nasty " !!! " If you're a regular visitor to this site, why don't you use your usual nickname, or is that only reserved for when you have nice things to say???

PS. I agree with Kate!

Reply to Nix
Posted by: !!!! | 2004/12/07

Kate

Everyone knows that you have lost two babies, as you NEVER fail to mention it. I don' think it's fair to basically tell someone to shut up about how they feel cause the same might happen to them. This person just needs some sympathy and understanding about what she is going through! I really think that most woman are surprised at how tough the first few months are, and it's completely human to be shocked by it. I think she was just looking to share with some poeple who are in the same boat. We're only human after all!

Reply to !!!!
Posted by: FROGGY | 2004/12/07

I SYMPATHISE 100% - I AM ALSO A COUPLE OF WEEKES PREGGIE AND HAVE WAITED MORE THAN 10 YEARS FOR THIS...IT IS ALL I HAVE EVER WANTED. I AM NEVER SICK, AM HEALTHY ALL THE TIME AND FEEL LIKE A MILLION BUCKS EVERY DAY - THEN PREGNANCY. THE FRUSTRATION OF FEELING ILL ALL THE TIME, WANTING TO SLEEP ALL THE TIME, EATING ALL THE TIME TO KEEP THE NAAR AT BAY HAS DRIVEN ME TO TEARS AT TIMES. I AM EXCITED ABOUT OUR PRECIOUS LITTLE BUNDLE GROWING INSIDE - BUT MAN ALIVE, FEELING LIKE THIS EACH DAY IS TRYING!! BRING ON THE 2ND TRIMESTER - I AM READY! THANK GOD I HAVE THE PERFECT HUBBY THAT HAS TAKEN CONTROL AND LETS ME REST - HE IS THE BEST!

Reply to FROGGY
Posted by: RM | 2004/12/07

I'm now 30 weeks and to me have had the most awful time - everything u described and lots more awful bits. I literally took the first 3 months off work coz I was so sick and nauseas all the time - I literally slept thru it! I have low blood pressure and can barely stand most of the time but I swear the first time I felt my little one kick - no matter what I go thru- everything is worth it. I'm still ill even with the low blood pressure medication, I can eat nothing but boiled foods to the extent i don't want to eat anymore...but when I feel my baby kick nothing matters to me except trying to chin up for my baby.... Everyone else around me cannot empathise with my situation - they've had the most wonderful pregnancies. But i know what i feel and it's not impossible to cope when u know there's a little one inside of you trying really hard to make it worth it :)

Reply to RM
Posted by: Kate | 2004/12/07

Cannot relate to anyone 'hating' being pregnant, it really is such a priviledge. But then again, I only got a bit nauseas in the evenings and have just taken each funny stage as it comes.

My suggestion is go to your doctor, get medicine for the nausea and take panado for the back pain.

Have warm baths (not hot) and relax. Try to have a lot of 'me' time in order to get in touch with yourself and your pregnancy.

You also need to reassess your attitude, a negative attitude is going to get you nowhere but to the land of the miserables. Enjoy this precious gift, take each day as it comes and try to not use words like 'hate' on this forum as it is very hurtful to lots of us. I lost my baby at 36 weeks and another at 5 weeks, I wish that I never complained at all and that is why I am taking things as they come this time around, I am currently 22 weeks.

I know a woman who complains non stop about her pregnancy, she hates every minute of it but I am sure she would feel as empty and as hurt as felt when I lost my baby if she lost hers. Just think about it and try to appreciate your gift a little more.

Good luck. Oh and wait until your pelvis feels like it going to split in half!! Just take it as it comes.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: lerita | 2004/12/07

Hi ***

It is normal to feel like this the 1 st 3 months. Some pregnant woman are just lucky that they do not have this symtoms. The pain in your lower abdomen is the muscles that are streching to get your body ready for the growing baby. Hold on this will soon be over. The 2 nd trimester is the nicest phase with the baby kicking.

Reply to lerita
Posted by: Melinda | 2004/12/07

I think it will be best to see your Doctor and let him be the judge of everything, as for the nausea, headaches and backpains its normal but what i'm worried about is the pain in the abdomen. i felt that way when i was pregnant, the abdominal pains i could feel even when walking but ufortunately miscarried at 6 weeks and still TTC with no luck. so pls take it easy, see your doctor and explain everything to him.

Good Luck!!!!

Reply to Melinda
Posted by: Sunny-side-up | 2004/12/07

I cannot speak of experience,never even got close & so much want to. From what I've heard it will pass & enjoy th rest of your pregnancy.

There are so many of us wanting to feel those symptoms, so be gratefull & not hatefull of it all!
Sunny-side-up

Reply to Sunny-side-up
Posted by: cruz | 2004/12/07

Hi ****

I know how you feel, the only time I started enjoying my pregnancy is when my baby stated moving. Do'nt let people judge you, it is very hard to remain possitive when you spend your days with your head in the toilet.

Try to eat small meals often (even if it is just some provitas). Not eating will make the nausea worse. If I were you I would go see your Doc about the sharp pains.

I promise it will get easier, just try not to get frustrated with yourself.

Good Luck.

P.S I am now 22 weeks and I still do not have food cravings

Reply to cruz
Posted by: anonymous regular | 2004/12/07

I too felt that way in the beginning of my pregnancy (that I hated it), even though I had no preggy symptoms. I was horribly constipated and bloated and I felt generally disgusting.
I am now in the 2nd trimester and I feel truly fantastic, so it does get better- your body is doing an amazing thing, so tae heart and know it will be worth it in the end.

Reply to anonymous regular
Posted by: Delia | 2004/12/07

I don't agree with Stacey, these symptoms ARE perfectly normal. I am 21 weeks pregnant, and most of these symptoms go away after abaout 12-16 weeks. I do understand how you feel, I also thought that I'd be 'glowing' during pregnancy, but unfortunately I hardly coped with feeling so sick and moody all the time. IT DOES GET BETTER THOUGH! Once the baby starts moving, you'll forget all about all the other stuff. So, just stick it out, and good luck.

Reply to Delia
Posted by: Stacey | 2004/12/06

Your symptoms don't sound normal at all. I think you may be having an ectopic pregnancy, so you need to see your gynaecologist right away to ensure that the pregnancy is indeed intra-uterine.

Reply to Stacey
Posted by: from me | 2004/12/06

sorry if i cant offer any sympathy...so many women on this site are desparate to fall pregnant and you "hate it". deal with it and for gods sake - be happy!!

Reply to from me
Posted by: SS | 2004/12/06

Hi there!

Its normal to feel that way.. ! It does get better. I felt the same I was moody, sick, headaches, my nose was blockedI really thought I was being punished for something I did sometime in my life. I am now 16wks pregnant and the morning sickness is gone. I do however get headaches but then I just take panodo and it all fine. I also get dizzy spells but my Dr. says it also normal, but I believe the back ache unfortunatley stays.

I know its easy for me to say now cause its over for me but it will get better. I found that if I drank water with a little lemon juice it helped with the morning sickness. Just think at the end you will have a beautiful & healthy baby and it will all be worth it!

Remember to take your pregnavit it can also help.

Good luck. :)

Reply to SS