Question
Posted by: Dundun | 2004/10/21

Hashimoto's Disease - thryoid problem

I would like to know what foods I have to avoid now that I have been diagnosed with this problem? I have been told to stay away from sufar, fruit juice and rolls, bread, pasta.

Are the above really going to have an effect on me, if I eat them?

I have eaten those above foods, for the last 27 years and never had a problem, now that they have found this, they do not want me eating them, I am also trying to fall pregnant.

Please advice.

Dear Dundun
I trust that you are being treated for the thyroid problem esp as you are trying to fall pregnant. If not, then please go back to your dr and obtain the necessary treatment. If you are not overweight, there is no reason why you need change your diet. If you are overweight then try using a low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet) and combine it with regular exercise.