Question
Posted by: Melani | 2005/07/26

HAS OVULATION STOPPED AGAIN ?

I have PCOS and started regular periods this year thru meds and weight-loss. We have been trying since March last year.

My cyles have been between 30-32 days and my last cycle was 7-9 July 2005.

I did 2 cycles of Clomid in May and June, but was unable to get a prescription for my 3rd cycle, as I got my period while we were away in the Berg ! But my periods had already been established without the use of Clomid, so I wasn't too concerned.

Usually mid-cycle, my breasts start getting extremely sore and then I know that PMS has begun.

I haven't had any of this yet (today is cd 20) and beginnning to worry that maybe this is going to be an anovulatory one ?
Or maybe I need a lap or something to investigate further as to why we haven't conceived yet, despite having intercourse around time of ovulation ?

Please help

It may be anovulatory, but wait and see if your period comes at the expected time. Discuss with your doctor the need for further investigations.

1
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/26

Hi Melani
I never use to get simptoms to indicate that i am ovulating. PMS symptoms usually only started a week before period. Sometimes i did not even get pms symptoms.
I would not worry if i were you. since your periods started regulating and you have used clomid I am sure your body is trying to be as normal as possible and everything that should happen is indeed happening.

Usually the doc's want you to try for about 3 months on your own (after having medication or a procedure done). If you feel you should go back to the doc, make an appointment for September and discuss the next steps.

Reply to Pokkel