Question
Posted by: Dreamgirl | 2004/11/09

Has anyoney got this fantasy?

Since I've been a child I've always fantasized about being a wild, dangerous, escaped person whom the police / authorities are searching for. My favourite part would be how they catch me and tame me by caring for me and loving me and being gentle - even though I'm dangerous. I have all different versions of this fantasy. It makes me late for work sometimes or keeps me in bed just imagining it over and over again - and not getting up. It's NOT sexual in anyway as I'm always a pre-pubescent in it. I've really had it for more than 20 years! What's wrong with me??? Is this normal? Does anyone else have this? Or similar? Should I explore it? It always makes me feel really calm, loved and content. Thanks for reading!!

If it's harmless and makes you feel calm, it could be useful --- though not if it takes so long that it makes you late for work. Maybe you can choose a favourite bit of it, like a shorthand link to the calm feelings you associate with it. I understand that this isn't sexual, and it seems instead to be about being nurtured, comforted, and feeling safe. Now, it might be worth explorin in counselling, to find better ways to include those good feelings within your usual life, and to feel worthy of the nurturing even without needing to be that wild outlaw first !

3
Posted by: Enigma | 2004/11/10

Hi Dreamgirl....

Its good to have fantasies. We all have ones of our own.
You never know. One day they might come true.

Reply to Enigma
Posted by: nqinqinqo | 2004/11/10

have you lacked any attention, care or even love from your parents during your childhood? this kinda weird I must admit

Reply to nqinqinqo
Posted by: Not alone | 2004/11/10

Hi Dreamgirl,

It is not weird and at least now I know I am not the only one. I've been having them too. The good the bad and the fugitive...

Gives you kind of a kick!!!

Reply to Not alone