Question
Posted by: pinto | 2007/04/23

has anybody used duromine?

hi. Has anybody used duromine to lose weight?- apparently doctors prescribe it to patients to lose weight.

Dear Pinto
Duromine pills are appetite suppressants, which contain a chemical substance called phentermine. Duromine is a schedule 5 medication, which means that it can only be prescribed by a medical dr. It is described as 'a short-term adjunct to mass reduction in conjunction with a reduced kJ intake (i.e. a diet)' in my copy of MIMS. Like all medications it can cause side-effects and should ideally not be used for longer than 3 months. Discuss the use of the medication with your dr or see a dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area) to help you lose weight without having to take diet pills.

2
Posted by: suze | 2007/04/25

duromine is really good BUT only to be used for a short period. it does raise ur BP and i found that i sweat more. it works for the time being (almost a miracle) but u gain the weight easy after you stop using it. hope that helps!

Reply to suze
Posted by: molly | 2007/04/23

ja ek het dit gebruik, dit werk maar jy kry vreeslike kopsere en hartkloppings, my bloeddruk het gestyg tot 205/110 toe se my gp ek mag dit glad nie gebruik nie, probeer eetless, dit werk net so goed .

Reply to molly