Question
Posted by: John | 2006/10/31

Hard pipes

My hearing aid pipes break often. What can I do to prevent this?

Expert ImageHearing Loss

Dear John

The reason is twofold. When the plastic tube that goes into the mold of your hearing aid are exposed to the sun for a long time it becomes hard (and yellow) and can break easily if you take out your hearing aids by pulling the plastic tube. I suggest to you try taking out your hearing aid by talking hold of the hearing mold itself. However, it is still advisable that you replace them at least once to twice a year. Fortunately, it is relatively inexpensive.

Good luck!

Gerhard