Posted by: pixie | 2007/07/27



I started working for my hubby 2 years ago. We are now in a divorce dispute and now he and his family(business partners) are giving me HELL at work.
They have made it clear they will find ways to dismiss me. A few weeks ago he approached me, and then called me all sorts of intimidating and degrading names, whereupon i did not react. This made him mad and he kicked in one of the cupboards and the left. The next day I handed him an official letter stating that he treated me unfair and that i want a written apology from him. He refused, and then I went to the cops to write a statement as backup! Eventually they saw someone from NOSMESA, and two days after that, handed me a letter saying that the harassment case is over and they need to do nothing. I was never given any opp to state my case. What are my options? Please help cause its really difficult working there!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

If you harass anyone at work it is unacceptable and amounts to an unfair labour practise. It is worthwhile placing all these incidences down in writing and lodging a grievance with him directly. This will give you proof in due course that they are trying to push you out. If this carries on and you are finding it intolerable, you have two options: (1) you can refer the matter to the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration with regard to an unfair labour practise or; (2) you may give them a letter resigning outlining that you are FORCED to resign because of the following instances and then you must outline all the various complaints you have had over the past few weeks.

This resignation must then be referred to the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration as a constructive dismissal.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: pixie | 2007/08/01

thankyou for replying...
i almost gave up hope on this forum. I have gone to the cops with every incident, although they only certified it, due to the fact that they cannot get involved, because its not violent against me. I got all the forms from the CCMA and filled it in, and submitted it with all the incident reports signed by the police. According to the CCMA procedure my boss was suppose to sign an acknowledgement, which he refused saying that i can do what i like. So i emailed him the documents as well as sent it via registered post.
Unfortunately i cannot resign because i have a 3yr old daughter and i live in a town where i know no-one to support me. I am looking for work at other companies almost daily, and until i find work i just want to be treated fairly at my current work.
His family is now again involved in the business as part of management, and they are giving me HELL!!!

Reply to pixie

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.