Question
Posted by: Adult CP aka Emma | 2004/10/06

Happy to be here.....

Hi there CS and friends out there,

This is not important to anyone but myself. However I just have the need to share this with someone: On Saturday is my 48th birthday No big deal to most of you, but for me it is. When I was born ( premature at 7 months) I was not expectedto live longer than 3 days..... and here I am at almost 48 years!

It has not been an easy life being disabled in a world made for ablebodies. I have made mistakes in life and I do have a few regrets but all in all I feel very blessed to have been given the chance to live life to the best of my ability.

I have been blessed with 2 wonderful daughters and I have a handful of very loyal and dear friends, who have always stood by me every uneven step of the way. There is nothing more I could ask for from life!

Thank you God for letting live my life..... I am truely blessed!

Hi Adult CP / Emma ! How lovely to exceed the estimates and by nearly half a century ! Thank you for sharing your joy with us ! I wonder how many of the original medical / nursing around when that prediction was made, are still around ? I'm sure all the good things in your life are truly richly deserved.

9
Posted by: Mona | 2004/10/06

Ah happy birthday sweety!! Its my little girls birthday on Friday, having a party for her on Sunday, so will defenatly have a cheers on you!! Love, Mona xxx

Reply to Mona
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/10/06

Dear Emma
It is really good to hear from you again. I can only agree with the others. Your message is truly inspiring and thought provoking.
:-) E.

Reply to El-Jo
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/10/06

BEE - you've only been an angel to me !!!! :-))

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: BEE | 2004/10/06

Your message made me cry! It's wonderful and inspiring. Makes me realise just what an awful cow I have been lately to just about everyone who knows me and for no reason at all.

Reply to BEE
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/10/06

Hi Adult CP!

I'm sooooo glad to hear your spirits are up again and that all is going GREAT!!!!

:-)) KEEP IT UP and you know I'm always an email or sms away

xXx

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/06

You're happy to be here, and we're happy to have you here!
Your words above are inspiring.
Happy Birthday for Saturday.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/06

Hi Em,

It is amazing how we look at things differently when we think of the positive in our lives. As I was saying previously, this seems to be a Wednesday for break-throughs, & I wish all the readers & posters the best in their own personal battles so that we each may become a little bit more happier & satisfied with our place in life like some many of you have done today.

You go girl!!!

Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Buffs | 2004/10/06

Congrats!!! i hope you get lottsa presents and a HUGE cake!!

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: Paul | 2004/10/06

That is so inspiring, thanks for sharing it with us!

Reply to Paul