Question
Posted by: Tango | 2006/07/30

Happy Sunday everyone!!

Hi to you all,

I was in my garden at 6.30 this morning - crazy I know, but slept with my windows wide open and the spring scents did it. I had to get up and check which plants had grown over night!

CS I spent some time last night spending ridiculous amounts of money at Exc. Books. I bought 3 of Micki Pistorious books. I have very high regards for that lady. I had the priviledge of knowing her late father. He was an amazing man and I see two of the books she has dedicated to his memory.

However, I could not resist buying "CBT for Dummies!" Having done my own bit of reading and researc into CBT I found this book to be really fantastic! Whats your take on having such a book available to Joe Public?

Have a great Sunday. I shall be feeding up one hungry son later on roast lamb. I would never cook if I did not do so for someone!!

I'm sure the plants appreciated your interest and your early visit.
Ms Pistorious seems to be tireless in promoting her work. I haven't come across "CBT for Dummies, but it sounds like a marvellous idea ! If it's well written and accurate, it can't fail to be useful. I have also been recommending a series of paperback books which are self-help guides to various specific problems, using CBT principles. One of the beauties of CBT is that it ought to be exactly that sort of democratic technique, open to all, rather than, like the analysts, some interminable process of arcane mumbo-jumbo, better designed to keep the therapist fully and profitably occupied for years, than to actually help the client.
And ah, when the perfume of the roast lamb blends with the jasmine ?