Question
Posted by: Shakira | 2005/11/24

Happiness

On a scale of one to ten, how happy are you?

,,,,,

20
Posted by: Blowersdaughter | 2005/11/24

i say "jump" shakira. just go...., but then again im bipolar currently experiencing hypomania...or rather just coming off it.
still i say "jump".
uncertainty for me is what makes living life ...life.

you may stay in your comfort zone thats all good and well, (boring), but coming to know your self is the greatest discovery we mortals can make.

take care and good luck on your journey.

Reply to Blowersdaughter
Posted by: Shakira | 2005/11/24

Its exacly like you explain there dude, jumping into an ocean of what if's...i like that analogy.
Have you ever had the feeling that this cannot be it? That there has to be better quality of life outside of your comfort zone? So, I feel its time to explore the possibilities. I want to leave my challenging, but comfortalbe job and see if I can find my feet overseas. I'm in a relationship that offers alot of pay-offs, but have a feeling that something is missing. Now, I must make up my mind whether to take the leap and jump into the ocean or not, before I hurt someone I care about really bad or I end up hurt later in my life.
I guess the most of the fear comes from the uncertainty that something better is actually around the corner, maybe what I have now is as good as it gets and I'm just blinded by that perfect vision of how its supposed to be...

Reply to Shakira
Posted by: ASP | 2005/11/24

oh no - that was when I got my increase, so I'm back on a constant 8 now....

Reply to ASP
Posted by: ASP | 2005/11/24

I would say a constant 10 for me... Life just could'nt be better.

Reply to ASP
Posted by: Dude | 2005/11/24

ey Shaki,...

take it eezy ... life is so fast an passes us by so quickly anyways ... sometimes uz need 2 draw up a triangle of good bads any y the f* not!

am in a similar boat, jus got offered partnership, got 2 move out of a secure spot were all teh corners of the room r knowin an jump into an ocean of wot if's but weez jus livin ere on this planet an sometimes livin life doin wot uz want is more important than otha stuff iz guess...

courageous ... maybe if uz watch cartoon network an see currage em cowardly dog, u'd check out likesay eez afraid of everythin but it is not a factor that stops eem from doin the job ... iz ope u don let it get in ur way as some opportunities in life r seldom repeated ...

wots appenin wif uz life changin events 4 beta 4 worse ... ? i do by the way ...

Reply to Dude
Posted by: twink | 2005/11/24

how bout you dude?

Reply to twink
Posted by: Shakira | 2005/11/24

Dude, mostly pressure at work, difficult people with unrealistic expectations and demands. Also, a couple of big decisions I have to make soon that might affect my life for better or worse - and I don't feel courageous enough to do it!

Reply to Shakira
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/24

Dee, just keep at it, will get better again.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: twink | 2005/11/24

some days i'm a 7 or an 8, but then i have my days when i'm somehwere round a 4. today i'm about a 7.

Reply to twink
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/11/24

This year seems to be a dismal 3 for me.

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: Dude | 2005/11/24

so waz up with the 50% en ... wots hectic in uz life that brings uz down ... ??

Reply to Dude
Posted by: Dev | 2005/11/24

I would say 6-7 as I am not happy about some issues at the moment and somethings that I would like to achieve but I can't because of time and money but they won't last forever, time can only tell...

Reply to Dev
Posted by: Shakira | 2005/11/24

I usually range from 6.5 - 7.5, sometimes 8.
The last couple of weeks have been hectic though, so I'm a 5 at the mo...

Reply to Shakira
Posted by: Dude | 2005/11/24

ow appy r uz Shakira?

Reply to Dude
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/24

heheh... that's what bipolar does to you.....

Reply to ...
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/24

i'm at around 10,5 .... so happy i scare myself sometimes :)

Reply to ...
Posted by: Sunny | 2005/11/24

I would say about 3 at the moment, things aint going so well at the moment :( Maybe I'll be a 5 tomorrow....

Reply to Sunny
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/24

I'm very happy.
I would say about 8

Nothing is ever perfect.
but happy with what I got, greatful for what ive got & wont change it.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/11/24

As an average over the last 5 years, I would say 7.

Reply to Buzz
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/24

Happy with what? Myself, mentally 20! Right off the scale. With my situation -20! Two extremes.

Reply to Frusty