Posted by: A | 2008/08/27

hi Doc. i am having a lot of problems with my hands and joints. the pain is almost like small sharp jabs in my hands but it is not restricted to the joints and not all the time. i also get the pain in my knees sometimes. i am also really tired alot. My doc did blood tests for rheumatoid and thyroid and both normal. he has put it down to wear and tear. but some day (like today) it is really bad. headaches come and go a lot to. pls let me know if u also think its wear and tear. thanks.

Dear A
One can see on x/rays if this is due to wear and tear (also called osteoarthritis) Tiredness could be due to anemia or a side effect of some medications. Headaches can be due to neck and shoulder muscle spasm.
See this article on causes of tiredness: