Question
Posted by: ANNABELLA | 2007/04/05

HANDS BLEEDING

I am writing on behalf of my mom, she has recently told me that her skin on her arms near the wrist mostly just split open and bleed and then the next day the same will occur in a diffrent section of the lower wrist . What is causing this. My mom is 69 and a smoker, she takes lipior as well as phosomax for her bones . Any ideas?

Dear Annabella
This could be a kind of eczema she gets - this make the skin red, thin, with small cracks and bleeding. The smoking probably contributes to the skin not getting enough oxygen rich blood. I think her GP should have a look and maybe he can prescribe some cortisone or anti-eczema cream for her to use?