Question

HALITOSIS

Hi Doc!

Please can you me????? i've been livinv with halitosis for a long time now and i'm too embarassed to see a doctor about. No matter what i eat, it makes it worse and brushing all the time doesn't help either. i chew bubble gum the entire day and this has also brought my confidence down as i can't go near people.

Can you prescribe something to get rid of the halitosis and if i were to go to a doctor, do i have to see a dentist or an ENT specialist?????

Dear Anon
First a dentist to exclude any infection in the mouth and teeth. If all normal there, and you have symptoms of post nasal drip you can see an ENT specialist.
See also http://www.animated-teeth.com/bad_breath/t1a_halitosis.htm
Dr B

1
Posted by: Sam | 2007/08/15

Tried brushing your tounge?

Reply to Sam