Question
Posted by: jane | 2007/05/25

hairy nelly

Can a woman take female hormones to get rid of excessive body hair. I've had my hormone levels checked on numerous occasions only to be told that they are normal and that being hairy is just the way I am. If a man can take female hormones to start to become a woman why can't a woman take female hormones to get rid of more male attributes which she might have?

Excess body hair is usually related to an excess of testosterone. This will not be counterbalanced by oestrogen but there are medications such as Diane, which may help.