Question
Posted by: Female 29 | 2004/12/06

Hair/Skin abnormality

Hi, I have noticed that on my nose, neck and chest that the hair cells are producing not just one hair, but one "Main" hair and several (sometimes as much as ten) other hairs. These other hairs are usually so fine that they simply look like one hair but on closer examination turns out to be many hairs. What is this? Should I be worried?

Female 29, you have me here. I have no knowledge of any disorders that cause ten hairs to grow out of one hair follicle. I will have a look in my books and consult with a few specialists and let you know if I find out something. Good luck.