Question
Posted by: Yolanda | 2007/04/02

Hairloss stopped while using Roaccutane

I experience Hairloss before and after a 7 mnth course of Roaccutane. While using Roaccutane I got a carpet of new hair and the hairloss stopped totaly. When the course was finished 2 months later my hair started falling out again, this time double as much (more or less 500hairs/day). I know I can't use Roaccutane permanently, but is getting desparate for some answers, and need this hairloss to stop ASAP. I have the Marina loop in as contraceptive and is 34 yrs old. I use no other medication except Vitamins. How can I get the same response as what I had with Roaccutane? Desperate Yolanda from Pretoria

Hi Yolanda
Roaccutane normally causes hairloss so you maybe have a slow side effect of the roaccutane use that only now comes to the fore?
OR As Roaccutane is a different chemical form of vit A, it may be that you are vit A deficient - you can actually test this with a blood test. (Serum retinol)