Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2007/11/27

hair on chin

I am 32 years old, no kids and haven't been on birth control for about 3 years now. I have hair on my chin, is that normal for my age, I did go and have blood tests done, my hormones, thyroid, etc, etc and all came out fine, I thought it would have been an hormonal problem. What is the reason for hair on my chin, could there be other reasons and what could I do to stop it.

Dear Andrea
This may be due to slightly higher testosterone levels in your blood - they normally don't test specifically for this. If not too bad, you can wax it off, or ask your doctor to prescribe you an anti-androgen pill like Diane.