Question
Posted by: kim | 2005/07/09

hair loss.What to do?

Hi.I have been getting a fair amount of hair loss wihin the last 2 months,especially when i wash my hair.I havnet had this before and am a bit worried. its not coming out in chunks, but there still is quite a lot. My hair is:
- highlighted 2-3 times a year
-blowdried every 2-3 days
-use good shampoos and always condition
I havent changed anything over the last 8 years,but oly had this problem now. Is there something I can do??am I acking something? thankyou

Dear Kim
If the hair loss becomes more serious then it is important to consult a Dermatologist because it could be related to underlying conditions. Extreme stress can also cause hair loss. The only dietary component which could be implicated is an iron deficiency. The Dermatologist would test your iron levels to see if this is a factor. Foods rich in iron include, red meat, liver, fish, poultry, egg yolk, iron-fortified cereals and dried fruit. If you have a serious iron deficiency you will have to take an iron supplement such as Ferro-Folic for 3 or more months to replenish your body stores.