Question
Posted by: desparate | 2007/06/19

hair loss and acne

I am 37yrs old and still battling with acne on my jawline. I take vitamin b tablets, drink loads of water and exercise regulary. I am on eltroxin for a underactive thyroid. I am not on any other hormone treatment as i had a thermal abbrassion and a sterilization last year. Over the last few days my hair has suddenly been falling out by the handful. What is going on?

Dear Desperate
Hair loss can be due to stress, low Iron levels, low thyroid levels or hair problems in itself. When last did you check your thyroid blood levels? Ask your doctor to do a full blood count and estrogen levels too.