Posted by: mama | 2008/07/08

hair loss after birth of baby

my baby is now 5 months old. i started losing hair about a month or two ago, which I had heard was normal after the birth of a baby. But its still going on and my hair seems much thinner. i am exclusively breastfeeding and will be doing so until baby is 6 months old. i have been taking zoloft since the time my baby was 2 weeks old due to postnatal depression. is this hair loss normal and how long can i expect it to go on for? thanks.

It could be hormonal. Try using Vigro shampoo.

Posted by: Murtle | 2008/07/08

Go and have your thyroid checked. This happened to me and I went bald. Had my thyroid checked and it was overactive.

Reply to Murtle