Question
Posted by: Joe | 2008/05/23

Hair loss

Hi Doc, I am not sure if I'm just being paranoid... My hair has always been evident in my hair brush after brushing, I have had long hair for about 7 years. On my last visit to a new hairdresser, the lady washing my hair said it appeared to be falling out. I asked the hairdresser and she prescribed a shampoo (NISIM). I have since been really worried about my hair falling out and don't know if it's normal or not. Last night I washed my hair and very little came out in the shower. When I woke up and brushed it this morning there were about 50 hairs in my hair brush (I counted them). My hair also seems to be quite dry. Can you advise if this is normal or not and what you suggest I do?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you visit your GP, in order to have your thyroid levels tested, as hairloss can be caused a low thyroid count.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Debbie | 2008/05/25

Hi Joe

I am a 47 year old female. My hair also falls out terribly. I tried that Nisim as well. It dried my hair out a lot. My hairdresser then told me that it also happened to a lot of her clients. So I stopped it. I have now bought the Nu-Hair multinitrients tablet as well the Vigro shampoo, tonic and conditioner from clicks. The Vigro has not dried my hair out. You also need to check your iron levels.

Debbie

Reply to Debbie