Question
Posted by: anon | 2005/01/04

hair loss

I live a hectic lifestyle, although not partying but working on my career. As such I dont follow a proper diet and smoke far too much. I have noticed in the last year that my hair falls out at a rapid rate, be it in the shower or when Im brushing it or even if I just run my fingers through it. As such Im distressed at my thinning head of hair. Please advise me what I can do and which vitamin supplements I can take to stimulate hair growth and prevent future loss.

Dear Anon
The most common dietary cause of hairloss is a lack of iron. You need to take an iron-folic acid supplement like FerroFolate. However, hairloss can also be caused by other underlying medical conditions, so if it persists do consult a Dermatologist to see if there is another reason for this problem.