Question
Posted by: fred | 2004/11/07

hair loss

Is there any way to tell if it's genetics that are causing my hair loss? Besides looking at the hair&scalp for normal male pattern baldness, i don't have any history of baldness in family. Who can give me the most accurate diagnosis?

Expert ImageGeneticist

Dear Fred

If their is no external reasons for your hair loss it is possible that genetic faxtors are involved. Genetic testing is not available/offered to diagnose possible inherited baldness.

Regards, Maritha

1
Posted by: fred | 2004/11/24

but if it's inherited, but my family on both ends doesn't have a history of baldness... what tests can i undergo to get to the root of it? I read about a biopsys, where does one go for that?

fred

Reply to fred